NEW BEGINNINGS

Sunday, March 20, 2016
|

It's been well over half a year since I last posted. I can't tell you why there hasn't been a post, because the only honest answer I can come up with is that time is passing by too quickly and that's probably not an answer you want to hear. So much has changed between then and now, too much for me to go into detail. Looking back, I can remember all the happy memories, a few of the sad moments and some of the fear I had. To put it all in perspective, I left my home, my friends, my work, everything familiar to me to move 300km south to study what I wanted. I think about some of my friends whom I graduated high school with, some moved to different states to study and one moved across the globe to exchange, whilst I originally stayed in Sydney. I have newfound appreciation for their strength and for their courage to be able to do those things.

It's been over 5 weeks now since I've been where I've been and though I've been back home twice in between these weeks, I still miss home. Of course the hardship of moving has subsided a little, and I've grown accustomed to life here, but life here is not like life at home. I've only now begun to realise, home will forever be home. I won't be proud and say I didn't cry when I realised I was down here alone, unpacking all my necessities into my new living arrangements, because I did, but in the end I will forever be grateful for this opportunity.

Moving down here has first and foremost allowed me to achieve something I've been yearning for 2 years now, secondly, it's given me the opportunity to grow in ways I didn't know I was lacking and finally, I'm thankful for all my friends, old and new for helping me get where I am today. That last line might seem cliche, but I wholeheartedly believe you are a reflection of the people you keep around you. There's nothing much left to say now other than I hope I'll be posting more often, but until that moment comes, I guess it's goodbye for now.

Here's to new beginnings, to old and new friends, old and new memories, reflections of me,

x
Jenny